Adding Capacity

Monday, November 25, 2013

Over the weekend, we implemented software fixes focused on enhancing the user experience, improving enrollment, and streamlining the workflow for agents, brokers and call center representatives.

Additionally, we added storage capacity in the CMS Data center. This infrastructure improvement will enable increased processing power as more users move through the system.

It’s likely that as we move forward we’ll find additional glitches and experience intermittent periods of sub-optimal performance, when the system may be slow or not responsive. Just this morning, due to parts of the system not communicating effectively, the application and enrollment tools on HealthCare.gov was unavailable for approximately one hour.  Our tech team quickly resolved the issue and got the system back on track. The Data Services Hub remained fully operational.

We’ve made measurable progress in addressing two issues:  Improving the user experience and managing capacity shortfalls and volume.

In terms of improving the site experience, the vast majority of users will not experience the slow response times, error messages, and system outages that characterized their experience in October.  The system will not work perfectly on December 1st, but it will operate much better than it did on October 1st.

In terms of capacity, by the end of the month HealthCare.gov will be able to operate at the capacity that was originally intended: a rate of approximately 50,000 users on the site at the same time. This means the system will be able to accommodate more than 800,000 visits a day from consumers who are seeking information, filling out applications, shopping, and enrolling.

There will be times that volume on HealthCare.gov will exceed this demand, and we are preparing for that. If we experience extraordinary demand, consumers may not be immediately able to complete the application. They will be queued, in order to ensure a smoother process, and will experience some wait time.

We will continue to work every day to ensure that every American who wants it has access to these new, quality, coverage options.

Comments

Submitted by Sean on
This is message I get and all I have to do is confirm in the enroll section and I am done been trying to push this one button for 2 weeks several times a day same response. Sorry, an error has occurred. Please try again. If that doesn't work, log out. Error ID:500.300588
Submitted by Mike on
Got the error message Error ID:500.300588 on review and confirm. Can anyone help? I have tried numerous times of instant talk but no one has a clue yet....
Submitted by B on
Means you have to start over. Calling will be no help. They do not know how to resolve this. Use a different username and email when you log in. "be as careful as you are at an ATM machine when inputting info."
Submitted by David on
I am getting the same message at the very last step. Did you ever get anywehere?
Submitted by Dan on
No one seems to know how to fix error code 500.300588! Chat suggested Customer Service; Customer Service has no idea - not even a log that suggests this is an issue! C'mon! This is the US Government! Maybe you should call amazon for some pointers on computer programming / processing.
Submitted by pam on
What does error Error ID:500.300588 mean?
Submitted by Maria on
This is a web site problem we have nothing to do with it, try in 24 hours. That was the response I got from the department when I called them with the issue. I am stuck in the last step to get insurance. Error below. Sorry, an error has occurred. Please try again. If that doesn't work, log out and wait 30 minutes then try again. Error ID:500.300588
Submitted by Deborah on
I agree with julie, Please fix the error code of 500.300588. I have been on the phone with the marketplace for two hours and told she is having the same problem, so log out and try again later. I have been on instant chat 6 times and no one there can help. I have logged in at 10:30 at night and 5:00 am and still the error code. I sure hope this gets resolved soon, it will save me half the amount of money per month and America does need health care for all. It just needs to be an easier process, please.
Submitted by julie on
please fix the error 500.300588 of the approve the plan the last step before u are sent to the insurance company i hope. or a less tell us what to do.
Submitted by patience finally paid off on
To anyone who is waiting for their ID to be identified or can't log into an old account since the beginning of Oct....START OVER!!! Or you will be waiting forever!! I had an old application that had problems for 6 weeks, I tried everything and nothing worked...Finally I decided to take a chance and start over fresh. This time my ID was verified seamlessly with a few simple questions at the beginning of the application. I got through the whole process and got signed up with no problem. Since I had many weeks to research what plans I might be interested in purchasing, I was prepared ahead of time and chose the plan that worked best for my family right away. People who keep complaining about having problems with an old application really need to start over with a new username, password and e-mail address. Clear out cookies, re-start your browser and try again...It is working for a lot of people. I could still be sitting here complaining if I had been afraid to start over, but now I have got a new health insurance plan to replace the old one that will be discontinued at the end of Dec. And FYI, I am paying a lot less per month, with better coverage than the old individual plan I had before. Don't listen to the negative people who are telling you that it is more expensive. If you qualify for a subsidy you will probably be paying a lot less than you are now for a better plan. I have experienced ALL of the glitches with the website and have been very frustrated and angry just like everyone else, but I chose to help myself and listen to others who were having success starting over. It is worth it when you finally get through the process and get your new plan! I sincerely hope this will help anyone who is reading this blog.. If you've been "stuck" in limbo... try starting over. Good Luck!
Submitted by Patricia on
I used the site some time ago , got a enrollment number and checked out the options. I then wanted to compare them with the open market. When I return to the government marketplace I can't get past sign in then it shows my healthcare number but thinks I am trying to sign in with a second account. I just want my currant account to open
Submitted by John on
And I suppose it is us THE TAXPAYER footing the bill for all of your STUPID MISTAKES. The whole thing, including Obama, is a joke and should be scrapped. Identify the 20 or 40 million people who need health insurance and give them a special program. Leave the rest of us and our current insurance plans the hell alone!! Such a waste of time and money that none of us has.
Submitted by Mary on
Try to set up a new email address on gmail or aol and start over. You will probably get a better response now.
Submitted by Rob on
I tried to set up an account last month. I never got the email I was supposed to get, and I can't log into the account. I tried to set up a new account based on what the representative on the phone told me to do, and the system responded that email address was already in use. The representative couldn't tell me what I could do about the problem. He suggested I try again the next day. I don't see why I'm going to have any different experience tomorrow, if my account is messed up. Is somebody going to go and fix it between today and tomorrow? They won't tell me what doctors and hospitals are available. My policy was canceled, and I don't know if I'm going to get a new one by January 1. My child has cancer. I am going crazy trying to figure out what to do. Good luck to everybody else.
Submitted by JEP on
Ms. Bataille, Are you hearing us? Adding all the capacity in the world, won't help if your site has no functionality. Until you get the ID verification working we have no access to your website and can't buy your insurance. My application has been in "In Progress" status since October 8th. My ID has been "under review" since that same date. I've uploaded my documentation at least 10 times and I've mailed my documentation to London, KY. I've called your 800 number at least 20 times and your representatives haven't a clue on how to help. In addition to completing my initial application on-line, I completed a phone application as well as mailed in an application. All I ever get from your CR's is an apology and told to try again later. If there's a problem with my application, why not tell me? You don't even give us the courtesy of a response. Please, please can you fix this?
President said it would be just like buying a flat screen TV. If thats the case I wouldn't have had a TV the last 2 months. Unbelievable, what else can I say! The road block 500.300588 is now blocking my path to progress. The guy on the help phone seemed almost surprised that I was this far along on the application. Maybe I shouldn't complain!!
Submitted by laurel on
Today is the last day to.sign up for mr Obama healthcare . And the phone number doesn't work. Right now I live in id until divorce in jan. Then I will be moving to spanaway, wa. To take care of my grandson. My daughter and husband are serving in army. So I really don't know what I will be making. I pay.200.00 a month for insurance that covers four dr visits and soon mental visits. And if I die in hospital. And no med coverage. So what am I suppose to do to get help trying to sign up.for Obama care when the phone number doesn't work. Or I can't find a real person to help me Any help would work.
Submitted by Data Center Guy on
HP is another poor host. Why do you outsource your hosting. Poor!!!!!!!!
Submitted by RMR on
One more day and the VAST MAJORITY, will be able to sign on (so they say) I must be part of the VAST MINORITY because I'm still getting the red error #500.3005888. The phone #given is of little help. You have to wonder if signing up for social security was this much trouble!
Submitted by Rob again on
Red message error ID; 500.300588 keeps coming up. Called # provided and he couldn't get through either. Told me to keep trying that it was tech. issue. Just the same thing over and over again. I'm starting to wonder if I get this insurance and the whole thing gets repealed, then what??? I guess I'll have to keep my present policy in case this whole thing falls apart!! What a shame to present this to the American public.
Submitted by Les on
I'm getting this repeatedly, date is 12/28/13. This is nonsense.
Submitted by Brian on
Having same problem with error 500.300588. Is anyone going to fix this?
Submitted by Charles Chambers on
It's 12/12 and I've been getting these messages every 30 minutes for two days. If the glitch has been known for several weeks, WHEN will it be fixed?
Submitted by No Rob on
Have been dealing with this specific error for three days now. Just as reported, the call center did not have a solution to this error - they cannot perform the "Confirm" step either.... Repeated trying does not seem to be going anywhere. Based on the text associate with the error (ID 500.300588), it might be server overload or collision of submissions... but agree that the tech team should provide an explanation to the call center, so the good people who are willing to help could get some clues! I am stuck at this moment, but I would not confuse a technical error with the policy. I agree that technical difficulties will add fire to the opponents who are against the Healthcare initiatives, the issue remains that the Republicans do not have any alternative solutions to the policy.
Submitted by Kent on
Success! I finally completed the application and got enrolled. The savings in premiums are greater than originally estimated. The website works well when it works. For weeks, I have been trying to move to the Income screen with no luck. Temporary Shutdown error page each time. The only thing that worked was to first get rid of the cookies (I right-click the error page), View Page Info, click Security tab, view cookies and delete them all. I also cleared my Firefox browser history (browsing, cache, etc.) Then I created a new email address and went through the whole registration and verification process again. When the "verified" page comes up, don't click the link taking you to the application as it will take you to your old one again. Instead, open a new tab and enter the Healthcare.gov website and log in with the new id and password. You get a new application number and the registration process starts clean from the beginning and works all the way through. Good Luck.