Contacting HHS Resources
The Department of Health and Human Services strives to improve its services to customers by continually examining our website. If you have additional questions or are in need of customer service, please consult the following resources:
- HHS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Secretary
- Find the information most frequently requested under the Freedom of Information Act
For answers to questions about ...
- Affordable Care Act:
- Medicare.gov or Call 1-800-MEDICARE (For people with Medicare)
- Medicare Frequently Asked Questions
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Frequently Asked Questions
- Free or Low-Cost Health Care:
- Mental Health Care:
- Family assistance (welfare), child support, child care, Head Start, child welfare, and other programs relating to children and families:
Department-wide Contact Lists
A list, by subject, of websites and public inquiry and publication phone numbers for popular topics is available at: http://www.usa.gov/Contact/By-topic.shtml
Mailing Address and Telephone Number
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Toll Free: 1-877-696-6775
Please be aware that mail sent to our Washington D.C area offices takes an additional 3-4 days to process due to changes in mail handling due to security precautions.