Apply for Student Programs
The Department offers comprehensive Student Temporary Employment Program (STEP) and Student Career Experience Program (SCEP) positions.
If you are interested in applying for student employment opportunities for the following Operating Divisions within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, please follow the instructions below.
- Administration on Aging (AoA)
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Office of the Secretary (OS)
- Office of Public Health and Science (OPHS)
- Program Support Center (PSC)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please read the ENTIRE vacancy announcement to ensure that you comply with the application procedures. Your application will be regarded as incomplete if the Rockville Human Resources Center (RHRC) does not receive a complete application.
Your name will be placed on a list of qualified applicants, or a register, for vacant positions as they occur through the vacancy closing period, which is August 31, 2009. Applicants who meet basic qualifications at each grade level will be referred to the hiring officials for further consideration and possible interview when vacancies occur. Please note that opportunities may not be available at the time you apply. You must submit a separate application for each position in which you wish to be considered.
- Register at HHS Intern Careers (https://jobs1.quickhire.com/scripts/hhs-elp.exe)
- New users need to register to the database.
- Returning users enter your log in information.
- Upon logging in, refer to vacancy: OSINT-2009-0009
- Answer vacancy specific questions at HHS Intern Careers
(In HHS Careers, you will answer vacancy specific questions necessary to evaluate your qualifications for the specific job to which you are applying. When completed, the information you provided and the answers to the HHS Careers questions will become your application. You may edit your answers by 11:59 PM EST of the announcement closing date.)
If you are interested in applying for student and internship programs within Operating Divisions not listed above, please view the opportunities below for additional opportunities.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Public Health Training Opportunities
Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
Pharmacy Student Experiential Program
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
Indian Health Service (IHS)
Pharmacy Program - Career Opportunities, Including Students and Interns
Division of Oral Health - Externship Program
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
General Student Programs
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Research Training and Career Development Programs
U.S Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
Commissioned Corps Officer Student Training and Extern Program (COSTEP)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
Special Hiring Programs