Regional Health Administrator: CAPT Zachary Taylor, M.D., M.S.
Address: 999 18th Street, South Terrace, Denver, CO 80202
Office Number: 303-844-6163
Office Fax: 303-844-2019
Larger Portrait (5 MB)
CAPT Zachary Taylor, M.D., M.S. is the Regional Health Administrator (RHA) for Region 8. CAPT Taylor was appointed RHA for Region 8 in December 2006.
During his 27 year career with the U.S. Public Health Service, CAPT Taylor has served in several U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) agencies. From 1983-1987, CAPT Taylor was with the Indian Health Service in Ft. Yates, ND where he was the Clinical Director of the hospital and in Dulce, NM where he was the Chief Medical Officer. CAPT Taylor also served at the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, now AHRQ, from 1989-1991 and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (1991-1993). From 1993-2006, CAPT Taylor served at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). At the CDC, CAPT Taylor conducted research related to tuberculosis, co-chaired committees that developed major guidelines for tuberculosis control, and administered grants to state and local tuberculosis control programs.
CAPT Taylor has numerous peer reviewed publications, book chapters, guidelines, and government publications. CAPT Taylor is a graduate of the Medical College of Georgia and received post-graduate training at the University of Kentucky and the University of Maryland. CAPT Taylor is board certified in Preventive Medicine.
Regional Staff Contact Information
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- Regional Manager for Civil Rights
- Regional Chief Counsel
- Regional Inspectors General
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
Regional Operating Division Offices
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration for Community Living
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources & Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Region 8 State Links
Content last reviewed on April 10, 2015