Acting Regional Health Administrator: Sharon L. Ricks, M.A.
Address: 1301 61 Forsyth Street, SW, Suite 5B95, Atlanta, GA 30303-8909
Office Number: 404-562-7889
Fax Number: 404-562-7899
Sharon Ricks is the Acting Regional Health Administrator for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Region 4 where she has primary responsibility for mobilizing leadership in science and prevention for a healthier region and nation. As a senior federal public health, she utilizes her public health experience and communication skills to catalyze collaboration, minimize redundancy, and maximize programmatic effectiveness among multiple public health stakeholders throughout the eight southeastern states (AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, and TN).
Mrs. Ricks has 30 years of federal experience and served as a public health advisor for the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Women's Health where she had lead responsibility for coordinating and developing a national women's health strategy and for implementing women's health activities at the regional, state and local levels. Prior to this, she led public affairs activities at three institutes within the National Institutes of Health (NIH) including the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, and the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. At NIH, she published more than 100 public health articles, educational materials, and news releases on research advances related to endocrine and metabolic disorders, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, deafness and other communication disorders.
Mrs. Ricks was a finalist for the 2015 Atlanta Federal Executive Board’s Outstanding Interagency Partnership Award, a recipient of the 2013 Regional Director’s Award for Innovation and the 2013 OASH Region IV Outstanding Leadership Award. She received her B.S. in Journalism from the University of Maryland University College in 1990 and her MA in Journalism from Regent University in 2004.
Regional Staff Contact Information
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- Regional Manager for Civil Rights
- Regional Chief Counsel
- Regional Inspectors General
- Regional Inspector General for Audit
- Regional Inspector General for Evaluation and Inspections
- Special Agent in Charge of Investigations
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
Regional Operating Division Offices
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration for Community Living
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources & Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Region 4 State Links
Content last reviewed on April 8, 2016