Regional Health Administrator: Michelle S. Davis
Address: Jacob K. Javits Federal Building, 26 Federal Plaza, Suite 3835, New York, New York 10278
Office Number: 212-264-2560
Fax Number: 212-264-1324
Larger Portrait (5 MB)
Michelle S. Davis currently holds the position of Regional Health Administrator (RHA) with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) New York Regional office. The RHA serves as the principal federal public health authority for the Secretary of HHS and the Assistant Secretary for Health. The RHA also assures collaborative promotion of the Surgeon General's initiatives.
Prior to her current position, she served as the Deputy RHA for the Mid-Atlantic region (DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, WVA) as the health liaison between DHHS and state/local agencies, coordinated regional/national programs, recommended policies and served on the federal emergency preparedness, response and recovery team.
Michelle S. Davis has worked as a public health professional in a variety of positions at the federal, state and municipal levels. This included the Deputy Secretary for Health for the Pennsylvania Department of Health. She was responsible for oversight of over 600 staff and a budget of $250 million.
Before working with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania she held positions as Deputy Health Commissioner for Policy and Planning with the City of Philadelphia and Senior Epidemiologist with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). She has also held positions with the states of South Carolina, Indiana and New York and at the local level with the City of Detroit and with the District of Columbia as a CDC federal assignee.
Michelle S. Davis has held several elected positions within professional organizations including; President and Chair of the Board of the Pennsylvania Public Health Association (PPHA), President and Vice-President of the Black Caucus of Health Workers of the American Public Health Association (APHA) and Governing Councilor for the Epidemiology Section of APHA.
Michelle S. Davis matriculated at the University of Michigan majoring in biology and psychology at the undergraduate level. She continued her education at the University of South Carolina, Johns Hopkins and the University of North Carolina where she majored in epidemiology for her graduate degrees.
Regional Staff Contact Information
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- Regional Director
- Regional Manager for Civil Rights
- Regional Chief Counsel
- Regional Inspectors General
- Regional Inspector General for Audit
- Regional Inspector General for Evaluation and Inspections
- Special Agent in Charge of Investigations
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
Regional Operating Division Offices
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration for Community Living
- Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- Nashville Area Office (Eastern United States)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Region 2 Area Links
Content last reviewed on April 8, 2016