Through the Affordable Care Act (Public Law 111-148), the Office of Adolescent Health administers the Pregnancy Assistance Fund (PAF), a $25 million competitive grant program. OAH funds competitive grants to states and Tribal entities to provide expectant and parenting teens, women, fathers, and their families with a seamless network of supportive services to help them complete high school or postsecondary degrees and gain access to health care, child care, family housing, and other critical supports. The funds are also used to improve services for pregnant women who are victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, sexual assault, and stalking. With this second round of funding, OAH funds 17 entities, including 14 states and three tribal entities, for four years to develop and implement activities to support expectant and parenting teens, women, fathers, and their families.
With PAF funds, grantees conduct the following types of activities:
- Support expectant and parenting student services at institutions of higher education;
- Support expectant and parenting teens, women, fathers, and their families at high schools and community service centers;
- Improve services for pregnant women who are victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, sexual assault, and stalking; and
- Increase public awareness and education services for expectant and parenting teens, women, fathers, and their families.
Current Pregnancy Assistance Fund grantees:
- California Department of Public Health Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health Division
- Children’s Trust Fund of South Carolina
- Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
- Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes
- Connecticut State Department of Education
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Michigan Department of Community Health
- Minnesota Department of Health State Treasurer
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
- New Jersey Department of Children and Families
- New Mexico Public Education Department
- New York State Department of Health/Health Research, Inc.
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Oregon Department of Justice
- Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health, Inc.
- Washington State Department of Health
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
Download a list of all current PAF grantees (PDF-565 KB).