The purpose of this FOA is to increase the number of evidence-based TPP interventions available by rigorously evaluating new or innovative approaches for preventing teen pregnancy and related high risk behaviors. The applicant must demonstrate that the proposed intervention is needed, likely to reduce rates of teen pregnancy and/or adolescent sexual risk behavior, relevant to the target population, and able to be rigorously evaluated. OAH is especially interested in expanding the evidence base for the field of TPP by funding rigorous evaluations of innovative interventions designed to address gaps in the existing evidence, reduce disparities in teen pregnancy and associated sexual and reproductive health outcomes, and/or serve high-need populations. OAH anticipates funding 30 grantees for a five-year project period with an annual budget of $400,000 - $1,000,000.
Resources for FOA AH-TP2-15-002
- Rigorous Evaluation of New or Innovative Approaches to Prevent Teen Pregnancy (Tier 2B)
- Letters of Intent Due: Sunday, February 1, 2015
- Update on Letters of Intent: Letters of Intent were requested, but not required. One hundred twenty (120) letters of intent were received. This number does not necessarily indicate the number of applications that will be submitted for the Friday, April 10, 2015 deadline.
- Applications Due: Friday, April 10, 2015
- Technical Assistance Webinar for Potential Applicants – Thursday, January 29, 2015
- FAQs for OAH TPP FOAs (UPDATED--2/10/15)
- Additional FAQs for FOA AH-TP2-15-002 (UPDATED--2/10/15)
- Sample Templates for Use in Application
- For Further Questions: Tier 2B – Tpptier2b@hhs.gov