DID YOU KNOW?
Check out these resources for adolescent contraption and condom use services:
- Federally funded Title X family planning clinics offer low-cost STD testing and contraceptive services for all who want and need them. By law, priority is given to persons from low-income families. Adolescents and others can find a Title X funded clinic by zip code.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also has a locator service that helps visitors search for testing centers where they can receive STD and HIV testing services, as well as vaccines for Hepatitis B and HPV.
Learn more about contraception and condom use and adolescents:
- Check out OAH’s full library of federal adolescent health resources on reproductive health in general, and those specific to contraceptive and condom use.
- The Office of Populations Affairs has a full list of contraception fact sheets that includes details on the effectiveness, advantages, and drawbacks of different methods.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has helpful information about condoms and how they protect (or don’t) against STDs.
- The CDC also has a series of brochures that provide facts about various STDs, and a fact sheet about adolescents and HIV/AIDS.
- Girlshealth.gov provides resources on frequently asked questions about contraception and condom usage.