Advisory Committee on Blood and Tissue Safety and Availability (ACBTSA)
The Advisory Committee on Blood and Tissue Safety and Availability provides advice to the Secretary and to the Assistant Secretary for Health. The Committee advises ona range of policy issues to include:
- Identification of public health issues through surveillance of blood and tissue safety issues with national biovigilance data tools;
- Identification of public health issues that affect availability of blood, blood products, and tissues;
- Broad public health, ethical and legal issues related to the safety of blood, blood products, and tissues;
- The impact of various economic factors (e.g., product cost and supply) on safety and availability of blood, blood products, and tissues;
- Risk communications related to blood transfusion and tissue transplantation; and
- Identification of infectious disease transmission issue for blood, organs, blood stem cells and tissues.
The advisory committee has met regularly since its establishment in 1997.
Public Meeting Notice
2016 - 2017 Tentative Meeting Dates:
- To be Determined
- To Be Announced
Please note that all dates posted are tentative until posted through the Federal Registry Notice.
Content last reviewed on March 21, 2016