- Advisory Committee on Blood and Tissue Safety and Availability (ACBTSA): Advises and makes recommendations on the Department’s broad responsibilities related to the safety of blood, blood products, organs and tissues. For solid organs and blood stem cells, the Committee’s work is limited to policy issues related to donor derived infectious disease complications of transplantation.
- Advisory Committee on Minority Health (ACMH): Advises on ways to improve the health of minority populations through HHS program activities.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC): Advises on issues related to myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).
- Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee 2015 (DGAC): Reviews the current scientific and medical knowledge and provides recommendations for the next edition of the Dietary Guidelines.
- National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC):Advises on matters related to National Vaccine Program Office responsibilities.
- Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA): Advises on programs and policies related to HIV/AIDS prevention and research.
- Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Human Research Protections (SACHRP): Advises on issues and topics pertaining to or associated with the protection of human research subjects.
- Presidential Advisory Council on Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: Advises on programs and policies intended to support and evaluate the implementation of Executive Order 13676, including the National Strategy for Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria and the National Action Plan for Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria.
- Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues (PCSBI): Advises on ethical issues related to advances in biomedical science and technology.
- President's Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition (PCFSN): Advises on issues related to fitness, sports and nutrition in America.
- Advisory Group on Prevention, Health Promotion, and Integrative and Public Health (Advisory Group): Advises and makes recommendations to the National Prevention Health Promotion and Public Health Council; provides assistance to the Council for carrying out its mission.
Content last reviewed on March 27, 2015