TALEX: Procurement Analyst
The Office of Acquisition Workforce & Strategic Initiatives Talent Exchange (TALEX) Program offers rotations that infuse knowledge sharing across HHS Staff and Operating Divisions. The National Institutes of Health, Office of the Director, Office of Acquisition and Logistics Management (OALM), Office of Acquisition Management and Policy (OAMP), Division of Acquisition Policy and Evaluation (DAPE) now has the following professional development opportunity available immediately. The selected candidate will earn continuous learning points (CLPs) upon successful rotation completion.
Criteria for Selection
Interested applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Acquisition Professionals Grade 12-13
- Full Time Federal Employee
- Individual Development Plan – Endorsed by Supervisor
- Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
- Submit current resume
- Complete TALEX application by Wednesday, February 19, 2014.
Rotation Title: Procurement Analyst
Rotation Office: OALM/OAMP/DAPE
Address: 6100 Executive Blvd., Rockville, MD 20852
Start Date: March 17th 2014 (Negotiable)
End Date: June 2014
Frequency: Daily on-site
Hours: 40-hours per week
The Division of Acquisition Policy and Evaluation (DAPE) provides policy guidance and technical assistance to the NIH Acquisition Community. This rotation provides a growth opportunity for any Contract Specialist desiring to learn more about acquisition policy analysis, development, communication, and oversight by performing duties of a DAPE Procurement Analyst.
The assignments will include, but not limited to:
- Reviews of Justification and Approval documents for sole source actions, as well as Determination and Findings requiring Head of Contracting Activity approval;
- Performing pre-solicitation and contract award board reviews;
- Researching and providing advice to operational Contracting Officers on acquisition policy matters;
- Developing training tools, guides, and templates for use in communicating acquisition policy requirements to operational Contracting Officers;
- Developing training tools, guides, and templates for use in communicating acquisition policy requirements to operational Contracting Officers; and
- Assisting the supervisor with analysis of implications of new Statutes and regulations impacting acquisition.
How to Apply?
- Talent Exchange (TALEX), Mentoring, and Leadership Programs
- Acquisition Workforce Planning and Certification Homepage