TALEX: Contract Specialist Opportunity
This rotational Contract Specialist Opportunity is now available for one qualified candidate to earn continuous learning points (CLPs).
Criteria for Selection
Potential applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Acquisition Professionals Grade 12-13
- Full Time Federal Employee
- Must have Level I or II Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C)
- Completed Individual Development Plan (IDP) – Endorsed by Supervisor
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Submission of current resume
- Supervisor Approval
- Completed (attached) TALEX Application and all requirements above on or before Monday, February 26, 2014
Rotation description and related information is below:
Rotation Title: Contract Specialist
Rotation Office: NIH Conference, Administrative, and Travel Services (CATS)
Rotation OPDIV: NIH Office of Logistics & Acquisition Operations (OLAO)
Address: 6011 Executive Blvd (White Flint Metro) Bethesda, MD 20852
Start Date: March 31st 2014
End Date: June 30th 2014
Frequency: Approximately 90 days
Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM (Flexible)
The NIH’s Office of Logistics & Acquisition Operations (OLAO) has three divisions; one of which is the Office of Acquisitions (OA), and one of the largest contracts in OA; a HHS strategic source for conferences, is the NIHCATS II (The National Institutes of Health Conference, Administrative, and Travel Services) contracts; which are multiple award, Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) contracts covering a wide range of administrative, meeting, conference, and travel support services. The NIHCATS II support services contracts are available to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), all OPDIVS & STAFDIVS within HHS, and other Federal agencies for services performed both in the United States and abroad.
The focus of the NIHCATS II is to provide all the necessary services, qualified personnel, and facilities, not otherwise provided by the Government. The NIHCATS II contracts were awarded on 11/15/2011 and have a period of performance of one (1) base year plus four (4) one-year option periods. All requirements will be fulfilled under task orders (TOs). The NIHCATS contracts utilize the eGOS (electronic government ordering system) to award TO’s and obligate tax payer dollars.
In addition, materials such as the standard operating procedures and a fact sheet are available under the Resources tab of the NIHCATS II Website (http://nihcatsii.olao.od.nih.gov).
The OLAO web site can be found at http://olao.od.nih.gov/
Specific duties for this position are as follows will include, but are not limited to, supporting the NIHCATS II Contracting Officer and support team with
- Reviewing Task Order Request Packages (TORPs) including the statement of work, IGCE, conference approval form, funding document, and other related documents;
- Releasing TORPs to all contractors;
- Providing training to potential customers on the NIHCATS contract vehicle;
- Concurring on Selection Recommendation Documents (SRDs);
- Announcing task orders awards;
- Reviewing and approving invoices;
- Addressing customer and contractor questions;
- Populating, organizing, and maintaining task order files; and
- Other contract specialist administrative duties as they develop.
How to Apply
- Talent Exchange (TALEX), Mentoring, and Leadership Programs
- Acquisition Workforce Planning and Certification Homepage