Career Development Planning and Training
- Career Development Planning
- Federal Acquisition Institutes Training Application System (FAITAS)
- Upcoming Training Opportunities
Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI) provides guidelines for training and certification; however, HHS and your STAFFDIV/OPDIV requirements may vary from those specified by FAI. Please consult your STAFFDIV/OPDIV Servicing Acquisition Career Manager (ACM) for training inquires as well as proper procedures for your STAFFDIV/ OPDIV and/or particular contract assignment. Acquisition Career Managers (ACMs) are instrumental to your career development and certification progression as they will make the final determination on required courses.
Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) can be obtained through many methods most common being online continuous learning courses/modules and resident training. More information regarding online training is available below.
- Continuous Learning Modules document – Lists all available continuous learning modules available through FAI.
- DAU’s iCatalog – Interactive version of on-line courses offered by DAU and FAI.
- HHS University - HHS Learning Portal
Helpful Acquisition Resources
- Information on Legal Decisions and Bid Protest (GAO)
- An Acquisition Encyclopedia (Defense Acquisition University)
- Seven Steps to Performance-Based Acquisition (Acquisition.gov)
HHS' acquisition workforce professionals are required to maintain an accurate FAITAS profile and submit all applications for certification and recertification through this system. FAITAS records should reflect current certification status and continuous learning points (CLPs). OFPP, FAI and HHS utilize FAITAS data to make strategic acquisition workforce human capital decisions. As a result, FAITAS data integrity is paramount.
FAI is responsible for managing and maintaining FAITAS and will continue to issue guidance regarding updates or enhancements. User guides, FAQs, and Help Desk contacts regarding FAITAS can be found on FAI’s Website.
*HHS Acquisition-Related Training*
HHS acquisition-related training is now available for immediate enrollment by logging into FAITAS. These courses cater to FAI certification and recertification requirements for Contract Specialists, Contracting Officer’s Representatives, and Project/Program Managers.
For detailed information, see: