2014 Acquisition Mentoring Program
Section 4: Application, Selection, & Matching
HHS Acquisition Mentoring Program participation is voluntary and requires a completed application for consideration. The 2014 program will be eight-months in duration, starting in October 2013 and concluding in May 2014 (however informal participation may continue thereafter). Interested parties must apply during the application period. Mentors may apply now through October 11th 2013 and Mentees may apply now through October 15th 2013. Selected participants will be prior to program kick-off. Employees interested in applying must commit/meet to the following criterion:
- Full-time Federal employee;
- Commit to the eight-month participation timeframe;
- Commit to meeting at least two-hours per month;
- Monthly participation in Mentor-Mentee meetings, program trainings, and group activities;
- Complete all program evaluations; and
- Completion of Mentoring Application, Agreement, Action Plan and Confidentiality Form.
While there are no grade level restrictions for participation, every effort will be made to ensure Mentors are at least two grades higher than their Mentee. Mentors and Mentees in the same supervisory chain will not be paired together. Applicants not selected will be notified and placed in a talent pool for future program consideration.
Matching Process – Selected participants shall be matched based upon:
- Submitted application information;
- Grade level difference/supervisory chain; and
- Knowledge, Skills and abilities.
The mentoring program manager and advisor may episodically connect with participants on program issues as needed. The extent of this contact may include:
- Identify and arrange for activities, speakers, or instructors in support of program activities;
- Arrange for the design, delivery, and evaluation of core trainings and activities; and
- Ensure program needs are being met and validate progress.
If at any time during the program the Mentor-Mentee believes that their partnership is not working, they must notify the mentor program manager in confidence to explore an alternative match, if available. A no fault termination will occur. Mentors-Mentees not initially selected may be considered as replacements.