HHS Acquisition Worktools
Topics on this page:
HHS provides a number of worktools to assist staff in planning, developing, and implementing procurements with the highest of quality. Tools include “Desk” References, Checklists, Templates, and Acquisition Guides.
Our guides are useful in planning and using acquisition materials.
- HHS Conference Procurement and Planning Toolkit
Learn about the recommended standard operating procedure, cost drivers, programmatic and contracting considerations. Especially helpful are the:
- Interagency Contract Directory (ICD) was created to help agencies take better advantage of interagency contracts by supporting market research and the identification of suitable contracts that can facilitate the efficient and effective placement of orders, including with small and disadvantaged businesses. See instructions for using the directory ( PDF).
- HHS Contract Closeout Guide
The HHS Contract Closeout Guide provides standard procedures for closing HHS contracts and orders.
- HHS Affirmative Procurement Plan (Green Purchasing) October 2010 (DOC - 507KB)
- HHS Purchase Card Guide Version 6 – July 2010 (PDF - 98 pages)
- Summary of changes to the revised HHS Purchase Card Guide
- Purchase Card Quick Reference
Our templates help HHS acquisition professionals develop consistent documentation across the lifecycle of the procurement process.
- APM 2009-05, Attachment A: “HHS Instructions for Preparation of an Acquisition Strategy,” (Template) 07-29-2009 (DOC - 15 pages)
- HHS Acquisition Plan (AP) October 2010 (DOC - 30 pages)
- HHS Annual Acquisition Plan Template and Instructions (PDF - 65.32 KB)
- HHS Acquisition Plan Waiver Request Template and Instructions (PDF - 93.63 KB)
- APM 2009-01 Market Research Notices
- APM 2008-03 Noncompetitive Acquisitions
- Competition Advocate Report Template and Instructions, Fiscal Year 2008 and Beyond
To guide contracting personnel throughout the procurement lifecycle, we have developed checklists to help in planning and ensuring compliance with all laws and policies.
- Architect-Engineer Acquisition Checklists
- GSA Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) Checklists
- Negotiated Acquisition Checklists
- Sealed Bid Acquisition Checklists
- Task Order Checklists
- Contract Funding Desk Reference
The “Contract Funding Desk Reference” has been temporarily taken down so that changes can be made to align it with the requirements of Acquisition Alert 2013-01 “Guidance Regarding Funding of Contracts for Services Exceeding One Year of Performance Using Annual Appropriations” issued July 19, 2013.
Content last reviewed on July 18, 2014