Class Deviation: Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors
July 15, 2014
TO: Heads of Contracting Activity
SUBJECT: Class Deviation- Implementation of Executive Order 13658, Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors
Effective immediately, contracting officers shall use the attached clause to require payment, beginning January 1, 2015, of an hourly wage of at least $10.10 to contractor employees. Accordingly, for solicitations and resultant contracts that include the FAR clause(s) 52.222-6 and/or 52.222-41, and will be performed, in whole or in part, in the United States (the 50 States and the District of Columbia), contracting officers shall insert the clause at Attachment 1 in-
- solicitations issued on or after the date this deviation is signed; and
- to the maximum extent practicable, solicitations issued on or after the date of the Executive Order and before the date of this deviation, if the solicitation is otherwise being amended.
This deviation implements Executive Order 13658, dated February 12, 2014, and OMB Policy Memorandum M-14-09, Implementation of the President's Executive Order Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors, dated June 12, 2014. The OMB Memorandum requested the FAR Council to provide standard wording for a clause to be used pending issuance of Department of Labor and FAR regulations.
This deviation remains in effect until it is incorporated into the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), or Health and Human Services Acquisition Regulation (HHSAR), or is otherwise rescinded. My point of contact is Cheryl Howe, who may be reached on 202-690-5552 or at email@example.com.
Angela Billups, Ph.D.
Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition
Senior Procurement Executive
cc: FAR Executive Secretariat
Chair, Civilian Agency Acquisition Council
- Class Deviation Directory
- Acquisition Alert and Acquisition Policy Memorandum Directory
- HHS Acquisition Regulation (HHSAR)