FAR 52.223-2 Class Deviation Extending the Biobased Product Reporting Requirement
November 2, 2012
TO: Heads of Contracting Activity
FROM: Angela Billups, PhD, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition
SUBJECT: Class Deviation from the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) extending the Biobased Product Reporting Requirement
Effective immediately, Contracting Officers shall notify contractors operating under contracts that include the clause FAR 52.223-2, Affirmative Procurement of Biobased Products Under Service and Construction Contracts (copy attached), that:
- The due date for reporting use of biobased products given in paragraph (c)(2) of the attached clause is extended from October 31, 2012 to December 31, 2012;
- To use the web-based portal at http://www.biopreferred.gov for satisfying the reporting requirement; and
- To use the reporting template under “Key Initiatives” or at http://www.biopreferred.gov/BioPreferred/.
The United States Department of Agriculture is implementing this web-based portal to consolidate and facilitate government-wide reporting. As of October 31, 2012, the portal became available to contractors.
The CAAC consultation required by FAR 1.404(a)(1) for FAR class deviations is attached. This deviation remains in effect for one year unless otherwise rescinded. My point of contact is Cheryl Howe, who may be reached on 202-690-5552 or at email@example.com.
- Attachment 1: Changes to Solicitation Provisions, Contract Clauses, and FAR 52.223-2
- Attachment 2: GSA Memorandum: Class Deviation from the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) extending the Biobased Product Reporting Requirement