Acquisition Policies Implementation Guidance
Topics on this page:
- Competition Advocate/Task and Delivery Order Ombudsman Announcement
- Conferences and Meetings
- OMB Guidance
- Policy and Guidance Memoranda
- Programmatic Legal Requirements
- Security and Fraud
- Software and Licensing
- Superseded or Rescinded Interim Guidance
NOTE: Any interim HHSAR changes with an effective date prior to January 26, 2010, have been superseded by the amended HHSAR.
Contract Competition Advocate
The HHS Competition Advocate promotes competition for the purchase of products and services. The advocate works with HHS contracting officers to ensure that procurements are not a barrier to competition. The specific duties of the Advocate can be found in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
Ms. Deborah Griffin, the HHS Competition Advocate, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (202) 690-8662.
Task and Delivery Order Ombudsman
Contractors who have concerns or disagreements with the selection of an awardee for a competitively-awarded task or delivery order should contact Ms. Deborah Griffin. She can be reached at email@example.com or by telephone at: (202) 690-8662.
For information about the duties of the Ombudsman, see the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
ATTENTION: The Advocate and Ombudsman do not serve as a general complaint investigator for HHS programs not directly related to awarded competitions.
- HHS Policy on Promoting Efficient Spending (December 16, 2013): Use of Appropriated Funds for Conferences and Meetings, Food, Promotional Items, and Printing and Publications
- Attachment 1: HHS Policy on Use of Appropriated Funds for Conferences and Meeting Space (December 16, 2013)
- Attachment 2: HHS Policy on Use of Appropriated Funds for Food
- Attachment 3: HHS Policy on Use of Appropriated Funds for Promotional Items
- Attachment 4: HHS Policy on Printing and Publications
Conference Spending Reports
These reports include information about conferences held by HHS where costs exceed $100,000.
- Guidance on Allowable Contracting Costs Associated with the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act (PDF - 2 pages)
- Policy vs. Guidance: Defining the Difference
This memorandum defines the words “policy” and “guidance” and indicates the way these terms will be used by the Department when issuing acquisition workforce documentation.
- Contract Clause to Implement the US Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Act of 2003 (the “Leadership Act”), 10-17-2007
- Section 508 - Acquisition of Communications Products
- GSA Blanket Purchase Agreements for Independent Risk Analysis Services (April 20, 2009) (PDF- 3 pages)
- Preventing and Detecting Fraud in HHS Contracting, 12-01-2008 (DOC – 2 pages)
- HSPD-12 Contractual Implementation Guidance (DOC – 4 pages) 10/27/2007
- Purchasing Noncommercial Computer Software: Guidance for Purchasing Noncommercial Computer Software and “Open Source” Licenses, January 11, 2012
- Interim Section 508 Acquisition Policy Guidance, 01-16-2008 (DOC - 41.5 KB)
- Interim Departmental Protest Control Officer (DPCO) Acquisition Guidance, 12-19-2007 (DOC - 29.5 KB)
- Interim HHSAR Guidance – Acquisition of EIT under Section 508 EIT Accessibility Provisions (DOC - 160.5 KB)
- Regulation Proposal: HHSAR Interim Change -- Departmental Protest Control Officer (DPCO) (DOC - 66 KB)
Content last reviewed on March 21, 2014