Acquisition Policies Implementation Guidance
Topics on this page:
- OMB Guidance
- Competition Advocate/Task and Delivery Order Ombudsman Announcement
- Conferences and Meetings
- Programmatic Legal Requirements
- Security and Fraud
- Software and Licensing
- Superseded or Rescinded Interim Guidance
NOTE: Any interim HHSAR changes with an effective date prior to January 26, 2010, have been superseded by the amended HHSAR.
- Guidance on Allowable Contracting Costs Associated with the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act (PDF - 2 pages)
Contract Competition Advocate
The HHS Competition Advocate promotes competition for the purchase of products and services. The advocate works with HHS contracting officers to ensure that procurements are not a barrier to competition. The specific duties of the Advocate can be found in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
Mr. Kenneth Gilchrist, the HHS Competition Advocate, can be reached at email@example.com or by telephone at: (202) 690-8662.
Task and Delivery Order Ombudsman
Contractors who have concerns or disagreements with the selection of an awardee for a competitively-awarded task or delivery order should contact Mr. Kenneth Gilchrist. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at: (202) 690-8662.
For information about the duties of the Ombudsman, see the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
ATTENTION: The Advocate and Ombudsman do not serve as a general complaint investigator for HHS programs not directly related to awarded competitions.
- HHS Policy on Promoting Efficient Spending (June 7, 2012): Use of Appropriated Funds for Conferences and Meetings, Food, Promotional Items, and Printing and Publications
- Attachment 1: HHS Policy on Use of Appropriated Funds for Conferences and Meeting Space
- HHS Policy on Promoting Efficient Spending (January 3, 2012)
- Conference Spending (PDF, 8 pages)
This report, required by Office of Management and Budget Memorandum M-12-12 (PDF, 6 pages), includes information about conferences held by HHS in excess of $100,000 and a general summary of our FY 2012 conference activities. Additional details on spending are available (PDF, 18 pages).
- Contract Clause to Implement the US Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Act of 2003 (the “Leadership Act”), 10-17-2007
- Section 508 - Acquisition of Communications Products
- GSA Blanket Purchase Agreements for Independent Risk Analysis Services (April 20, 2009) (PDF- 3 pages)
- Preventing and Detecting Fraud in HHS Contracting, 12-01-2008 (DOC – 2 pages)
- HSPD-12 Contractual Implementation Guidance (DOC – 4 pages) 10/27/2007
- Purchasing Noncommercial Computer Software: Guidance for Purchasing Noncommercial Computer Software and “Open Source” Licenses, January 11, 2012
- Interim Section 508 Acquisition Policy Guidance, 01-16-2008 (DOC - 41.5 KB)
- Interim Departmental Protest Control Officer (DPCO) Acquisition Guidance, 12-19-2007 (DOC - 29.5 KB)
- Interim HHSAR Guidance – Acquisition of EIT under Section 508 EIT Accessibility Provisions (DOC - 160.5 KB)
- Regulation Proposal: HHSAR Interim Change -- Departmental Protest Control Officer (DPCO) (DOC - 66 KB)