Acquisition Career Manager (ACM) Appointment, 07/27/2012
To: HHS Operating Divisions (OPDIV) and Staff Divisions (STAFFDIV) Heads of Contracting Activity
From: Angela Billups, Senior Procurement Executive (SPE)
Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition
Subject: Acquisition Career Manager (ACM) Appointment
Pursuant to the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (ASFR) Delegation of Acquisition Authorities memorandum dated April 9, 2012, and as HHS' Senior Procurement Executive, I hereby request that each Head of Contracting Activity (HCA) officially designate and appoint an Acquisition Career Manager (ACM) to: Manage acquisition workforce development programs; Employ Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP) guidance; Implement Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI) training and certification programs; and Utilize the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System (FAITAS) to manage acquisition workforce and human capital requirements.
II. Scope and Responsibilities
OPDIV/STAFFDIV ACMs are required to perform the following duties:
- Fulfill the roles and responsibilities outlined in the OMB Policy Letter 05-01;
- Ensure compliance with appropriations law training requirements;
- Participate in the development of policy changes and training demands that affect the Federal Acquisition Certification (FAC) programs;
- Provide guidance and representation in support of the Federal Acquisition Certification for Project and Program Managers (FAC-P/PM) program initiatives by-
- Submitting completed Level Ill packages for Board review;
- Attending FAC-P/PM Level Ill Certification Board meetings;
- Communicating Board results and outcomes to applicable candidates;
- Collaborating with OPDIV/STAFFDIV Board members to resolve applicant clarification and/or discrepancy issues.
- Maintain consistent agency-wide data and manage certifications on those serving in the agency's acquisition workforce in the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System (FAITAS);
- Promote and participate in the HHS' acquisition professional development programs (Mentoring and Talent Exchange Program);
- Assist the Department in the annual development of the HHS Acquisition Human Capital Plan by-
- Providing coordinated input regarding short and long term human capital strategic planning for training, competency fulfillment, career development, accession, recruitment and retention, and other facets of human capital management affecting the acquisition workforce;
- Managing the identification and development of the acquisition workforce, including identifying staffing needs, training requirements, and other workforce development strategies; and
- Proposing an annual budget to support acquisition workforce mission critical needs.
- Conduct continuous educational outreach activities; and
- Host and lead ACM Quarterly Forums.
ACM appointments must be delegated in writing (See Attachment A). Upon designation and appointment, each ACM must be provided with a copy of this memorandum as well as sign the Delegation of Appointment Memorandum. Further, a signed copy of the Delegation of Appointment shall be sent to HHS' SPE and Departmental Acquisition Career Manager for review and filing.
IV. Effective Date
This delegation is effective immediately.
V. Effect on Existing Delegations
This delegation supersedes any and all previous ACM delegation of appointments.
- Attachment A: Model ACM Appointment Memo
- Departmental Acquisition Career Managers (ACM) Contacts
- HHS Acquisition Policy Memoranda (APM) (by Date)
- HHS Acquisition Policy Memoranda (APM) (by Topic)
- Acquisition Workforce Planning and Certification