OGPOE Personnel, Teams, and Functions
Policy Development and Implementation
- Formulate, issue and revise (as needed) comprehensive, accurate and concisely written grants policy documents
- Identify policy deficiencies and initiate policy updates as necessary
- Facilitate the implementation of the Department’s high level grants policy framework
- Interpret and facilitate the implementation of new OMB and federal statutory requirements
- Facilitate open communication with OPDIVs and incorporate their feedback during the policy development process
- Present the Department’s position at internal and Federal-wide policy workgroup meetings
Financial, Compliance, and Oversight
- Review Funding Opportunity Announcements for compliance with Department and OMB requirements
- Assist in the management of the Department’s Suspension and Debarment process
- Manage Compliance Supplement process
- Coordinate, facilitate and monitor grant closeout and use of Federal Financial Report (FFR) throughout HHS.
- Conduct management controls assessments for OPDIVs/Program Integrity
Outreach, Communication, and Training
- Provide leadership to and manage Departmental Grants Forecast process
- Represent the Department at internal and external speaking engagements, e.g. Congressional invites
- Coordinate and draft Congressional correspondence responses to GAO and IG inquiries, and FOIA requests.
- Respond to internal and external correspondence, and provide outreach to stakeholders
- Manage CFDA Process
- Tribal Grants Liaison
- Special initiatives, e.g. ARRA, ACA, Cultural Competency, etc
- Implement and manage training certification program HHS-wide (pending)
For questions regarding the following Office of Grants Policy, Oversight and Evaluation functions, please send an email to Frederick Griefer, Senior Federal Assistance Policy Analyst at Frederick.Griefer@hhs.gov.