HHS Grant Information and Administrative Tools
The HHS Grant Management Process reflects established policies and regulations. The systems listed below will help you as you move through the stages from finding and applying for grants to managing and reporting on your grant activity.
- Catalog for Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) - a government-wide compendium of Federal programs, projects, services, and activities that provide assistance or benefits to the American public. It contains financial and nonfinancial assistance programs administered by departments and establishments of the Federal government.
- HHS Grants Forecast - a database of planned grant opportunities proposed by its agencies. Each Forecast record contains actual or estimated dates and funding levels for grants that the agency intends to award during the fiscal year. Forecast opportunities are subject to change based on enactment of congressional appropriations.
- Grants.gov - Grants.gov is your source to FIND and APPLY for federal grants. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is proud to be the managing partner for Grants.gov. Grants.gov is a central storehouse for information on over 1,000 grant programs and provides access to approximately $500 billion in annual awards.
- System for Award Management (SAM) - The System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system that consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and Excluded Parties List System (EPLS)
- Federal Audit Clearinghouse (FAC) – Operates on behalf of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and its primary purposes are: to disseminate audit information to Federal Agencies and the public, support OMB oversight and assessment of Federal award audit requirements, assist Federal cognizant and oversight agencies in obtaining OMB Circular A-133 data and reporting packages, to help auditors and auditees minimize the reporting burden of complying with Circular A-133 audit requirements.
- FFATA Sub-Award Reporting System (FSRS) – FSRS is the reporting tool Federal prime awardees (i.e. prime contractors and prime grants recipients) use to capture and report subaward and executive compensation data regarding their first-tier subawards to meet the FFATA reporting requirements.
- Payment Management System- The database maintained and operated by the HHS Program Support Center’s Division of Payment Management. This is the location where grantees are able to draw down federal funding and submit their federal Financial Reports (SF-425).
Content last reviewed on March 13, 2014