About the Office of Budget
The Office of Budget provides analytical support and recommendations to the Secretary and the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources on budget, performance, and program policy issues. The office maintains active communication with OMB and the Congress, responds to information requests in an accurate and timely manner, and works with these organizations to achieve the Department’s budget priorities.
The budget office staff play a lead role in analyzing Congressional budget actions, such as hearings and authorizing and appropriations legislation. The Budget Office also provides guidance and technical assistance to HHS operating divisions, reviews and analyzes policy proposals, promotes program integrity and other management priorities, and leads the resolution of issues arising from budget execution activities. The Budget Office is organized into four divisions with approximately 60 staff.
Office of Budget Organization
- Division of Budget Policy, Execution & Review (BPER)
- Division of Discretionary Programs (DDP)
- Division of Health Benefits and Income Support (HBIS)
- Division of the Office of the Secretary Budget (DOSB)
- Office of Budget Organizational Chart
- Office of Budget Functional Statement
The Budget Office main phone number is (202) 690-7393, and the FAX number is (202) 690-6896.
Also, see Key Personnel.