Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Division
A workforce that delivers the best public service within an environment that leverages and fosters diversity and inclusion, and encourages high performance, collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Human Resources (OHR), Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Division is actively engaged in a number of initiatives to develop and implement a more comprehensive, integrated, and strategic focus on diversity and inclusion as a key component of human resource strategies. This includes:
- Ongoing engagement with internal and external organizations to become a shining example of collaboration and partnership in enhancing diversity and inclusion in the Department.
- Day-to-Day D&I “Lunch & Learn” Series that addresses the day-to-day concerns of HHS employees, supervisors, and managers by highlighting best practices and enhancing their skill levels in applying D&I principles to workplace situations.
- Comprehensive 508-compliant products designed to market D&I-related activities and initiatives; facilitate employee engagement; increase event participation; exchange information; promote HHS-wide D&I efforts; and enhance Division exposure to ensure continuous consciousness and visibility of the HHS D&I Program. Examples are:
- D&I Quarterly Newsletter
- D&I Virtual Exchange
- Day-to-Day D&I “Lunch & Learn” Series
- D&I Calendars of Activities, Events and Observances
- D&I Display Board
- D&I E-Blasts
- D&I Promotional Flyers
- D&I Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- D&I After-Action Reports
- External and internal virtual platforms on HHS.gov, MAX.gov and YouTube.com that increase global awareness of HHS D&I-related initiatives and activates; promote employee engagement, facilitate internal and external collaborations; and enhance Division visibility.
- Technology-driven events to widen access to information and enable the Division to reach HHS employees and others throughout the country.
- Employment Opportunities
- Making Files Accessible
- LGBT Work at HHS
- No Fear Act Reports to Congress
- Diversity and Inclusion at HHS Quarterly Newsletters: Showcases efforts to promote diversity and inclusion across the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Content last reviewed on September 6, 2016