CFSAC Recommendations – June 13-14, 2012
CFSAC voted that the following recommendations be forwarded to the Secretary:
1. CFSAC asks that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) remove the CFS Toolkit (both English and Spanish versions) from the CDC website.
2. CFSAC asks that the appropriate person[s] within HHS work with the International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis to make their primer widely available, particularly to primary care providers.
3. CFSAC asks that HHS staff work with Committee members to develop a list of ME/CFS organizations and criteria for posting links to the organizations’ websites on the CFSAC website.
4. CFSAC asks that a link be added to the CFSAC website for the Department of Education-supported Parent Technical Assistance Center Network.
5. CFSAC asks that HHS partner with Committee members and the Department of Education to educate educators and school nurses on ME/CFS affecting children and adolescents.
- Letter to Chair from Assistant Secretary for Health [PDF 417 KB]
- Response from HHS to CFSAC Recommendations [PDF 1 MB]