HHS Mentor-Protégé Program (MPP)
Effective, Monday, September 10, 2012, the HHS OSDBU has placed a temporary moratorium for new applicants for the Mentor-Protégé Program. Our team is revamping this important initiative to provide additional incentives to all participating and future mentors and protégés.
Please Subscribe to our email notifications to receive updates when the Mentor Protégé Program resumes. Thank you for your patience.
Application Deadlines are March 15, June 15, October 15, Midnight (Eastern Time) each calendar year.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) encourages its prime contractors to mentor qualified small businesses to: 1) enhance core capabilities; 2) compete for contracts and subcontracts; and 3) gain knowledge of HHS programs.
The Mentor-Protégé Program (MPP) is managed by the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU). It is designed to motivate HHS' large, prime contractors to provide mutually beneficial developmental assistance to small businesses. The MPP is also designed to:
- Expand HHS' small business vendor base;
- Increase subcontracting and prime contracting opportunities for small businesses; and
- Foster the establishment of productive, long-term relationships between large and small businesses.
- Mentor must be a large business as defined in the Small Business Program Policy Manual (SBPPM) Chapter 14, B.a..
- Mentor Eligibility see SBPPM, Chapter 14, G.
- Protégé must be a small business as defined in the SBPPM Chapter 14, B.b.
- Protégé Eligibility see SBPPM, Chapter 14, H.
See SBPPM, Chapter 14, Section I for information on selection of Protégé Firms.
- Submission deadlines for Mentor Protégé (MP) applications are October 15, March 15 and June 15.
- Submitters shall use the HHS Mentor-Protégé Application format (Word Version). INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Applications received after due date will not be accepted. MP Teams are encouraged to resubmit their applications on the next submission date.
- Applications must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com. If you experience difficulties transmitting the application, please contact 202-690-7300.
Last Updated: 12/05/2012
Note: Documents in XLS format require Microsoft Excel® or Microsoft Excel Viewer®.