Small Businesses are the Heart of the Economy
Topics on this page:
- HHS Outreach Activities & Events
- Contracting Information
- Special Small Business Program
- Small Business Program Policies, Procedures, & Reports
HHS is committed to helping small businesses in their pursuit of health and human services related contracts. Learn about our opportunities for you to learn about HHS, its contracting opportunities, and how we can do business together. Here's how we reach out to businesses:
- Browse the Calendar of Events for the latest information on upcoming small business events.
- Be sure to register for the Vendor Outreach Sessions (when available).
Locate sources of detailed current and future contract information available to those interested in working with HHS:
- Find current business opportunities at FedBizOpps.
- Learn about currently Active Contracts at HHS.
- See our Forecast of HHS Contracting Opportunities for Small Businesses.
- Find the HHS Bid Board Locations where proposed contract actions ($10,000-25,000) are available for public review.
- Search for answers in our Frequently Asked Questions database:
- HHS Vendor Communication Plan, August 26, 2011
Our Mentor Protégé Program offers opportunities for small businesses to work with large companies.
Effective, Monday, September 10, 2012, the HHS OSDBU has placed a temporary moratorium for new applicants for the Mentor-Protégé Program. Our team is revamping this important initiative to provide additional incentives to all participating and future mentors and protégés.
Please Subscribe to our email notifications to receive updates when the Mentor Protégé Program resumes. Thank you for your patience.
Learn about our Small Business Utilization Program, policies, procedures and reports to better understand how to work with government agencies.
Small Business Program Policy Manual
Learn about how HHS administers its small business utilization program.
8(a) Partnership Agreement Between SBA and HHS [PDF - 520KB]
Read about the partnership that HHS has with the Small Business Administration
HHS 653 Small Business Review Form (doc - 3 pages)
This form will assist users in reviewing acquisition projects.
- Subcontracting Plan (doc - 3 pages)
This plan is used to establish policies and procedures for subcontract management.
- HHS Subcontract Plan Review Form (doc)
Use this form when reviewing subcontract plans process.
- HHS Subcontracting Reporting
Learn about subcontract reporting policies and procedures.
- HHS Small Business Goals
- HHS Small Business Program Historical Data - Chart, FY 2006 - FY 2010
- Small Business Program Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2010
- Summary Report: Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program and Small Business Technology Transfer Research (STTR) Program [PDF - 144KB]
- Executive Order 13360 - Contracting with Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (01/27/2010)
- HHS implementation of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- USASpending.gov, to find more information on government spending
Last Updated: 09/12/2012