Office of Acquisition Workforce & Strategic Initiatives (OAWSI)
Office of Acquisition Workforce and Strategic Initiatives Responsibilities
The Office of Acquisition Workforce and Strategic Initiatives’ mission is to provide excellent support and expertise to HHS acquisition workforce professionals in the areas of acquisition training and certification, career development, and HHS Acquisition Lifecycle Framework document compliance reviews. The Office is primarily responsible for:
- Supervising HHS’ Federal Acquisition Certification programs.
- Coordinating HHS related acquisition training via the Federal Acquisition Institute Training System.
- Managing the identification and development of HHS’ acquisition workforce, including HR needs, program support and workforce development strategies.
- Participating in Government-wide boards, councils and other forums related to e-business initiatives.
- Conducting acquisition document compliance reviews for all major HHS procurements.
- Enhancing governance, oversight, transparency, and standardization across the HHS acquisition lifecycle framework.
- Reviewing and providing comments to address gaps in various acquisition documents for compliance with federal regulations, statues, HHS policies, directives, and guidance.
- Fostering leading-edge policies, practices, and procedures in support of constant next-generation provisioning.
The Key Personnel section provides leadership title and contact information of HHS Heads of Contracting Activity and key Department of Acquisition managers.